Pain relief for neck and shoulders
For those whom experience arthritis with pain in the neck and shoulders, TracCollar, a therapeutic neck traction collar, will help to take pressure of gravity off the stiff and painful joints in comfort and help to improve mobility of cervical spine. TracCollar is an air powered neck traction collar which helps relieve downward pressure on cervical spine discs, thereby removing compressive forces which helps to reduce herniations, disc protrusions, bulges and ease the pain of pinched nerves and associated symptoms, which can cause the pain to radiate into the shoulder, arm and hand. By decreasing pressure, it also improves the blood flow to the neck, shoulders and arms, which can lead to reduced tension and promote healing, as well as relax muscles.
1) Place the TracCollar on your neck with the opening in the back and the inflation bulbs in the front. Place your chin in the groove at the front of the collar.
2) Fasten and adjust the traction collar with the buckles and velcro closures. The collar should only rest against the front and back of the neck. The ends of collar may not necessarily touch, however, the bladders will still inflate the device evenly.
3) To use while sitting, your head should be in a level position facing forward. For use lying down, a pillow is recommended.
4) Inflate the TracCollar by pumping the bulbs until a light stretch is felt in your neck, adjusting the right and left sides by inflating the appropriate bulb to find the perfect level of neck traction. The bulbs should not be pumped more than 15 times on either side.
5) When finished, press the valves to release the air pressure and remove collar.
6) Not for recent sprains and/or strains, neck injury or acute conditions. If you feel light headed, dizzy, nauseous or experience any pain, discontinue use.
TracCollar’s design was developed by orthopedic engineers in Sweden for a better, more comfortable neck traction experience. The collar is constructed of special foam supports, while the inflatable bladders between the foam pieces contain natural rubber latex. The fabric covering is made of durable, yet comfortable tricot with 97% cotton and 3% lycra. TracCollar allows effective traction treatment options in your daily care for neck pain relief.
The TracCollar is a portable neck traction collar with inflatable bulbs that gently stretch the cervical spine, relaxing stiff neck muscles and decompressing joints and discs for neck pain relief. It has been carefully developed by experts to provide comfortable, effective daily treatment for many neck conditions in your home, office or when you travel. TracCollar is constructed of lightweight foam inserts, orthopedically designed to contour the head and chin. It does not require complicated assembly or batteries.
Can TracCollar Help?
Traction is a recognized method of treatment used by Physical Therapists and Chiropractors to pull the neck slightly, providing traction for neck pain relief.
TracCollar comfortably lifts the weight of your head, approximately 10 - 12 pounds, from your neck, and can be inflated further to help safely stretch neck muscles and spinal discs. It also helps to promote circulation beneficial to healing through the neck, head and arms.
TracCollar may help with:
- Tension and stiffness in neck and shoulders
- Sore neck and shoulders
- Headaches from neck tension & stress
- Stiff neck muscles
- Disc problems
- Numbness, tingling, weakness, cold sensation in the arms and/or hands
- Pinched nerves in the neck causing radiating pain
- Poor posture from work, aging, injuries and bad habits
- Stress causing neck and shoulder tension
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Repetitive injuries in the upper arm
- Bursitis, tendonitis and osteoarthritis in the neck
It can be used when watching TV, using a computer at home or work, standing, sitiing and lying down (with a pillow under the head). Because it is compact and lightweight, it is great for use when traveling, so you do not have to go without neck pain relief on the road. TracCollar provides support like a collar, which aids stability of the cervical spine and the traction is wonderful and relaxing for tense muscles, while the dual action pump regulates traction force to a specific side (left or right) if needed or prescribed.
The patented solution for TracCollar is based on clinical tests. Scientific research shows that the methods can give unique benefits for many people with pain issues in the neck and shoulder area of the body. Take a look at the research papers below or ask us for more information.
Multimodal Treatment Program Comparing 2 Different Traction Approaches for Patients With Discogenic Cervical Radiculopathy: A Randomized Controlled Trial
Exercise Only, Exercise With Mechanical Traction, or Exercise With Over-Door Traction for Patients With Cervical Radiculopathy, With or Without Consideration of Status on a Previously Described Subgrouping Rule: A Randomized Clinical Trial